Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

We Will be Positive for World Cup Despite Saeed Ajmal Suspension: Misbah-ul-Haq




Misbah-ul-Haq

File photo: Misbah-ul-Haq


© AFP



Karachi: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq feels that Pakistan will go into next year's World Cup with a positive frame of mind despite bowling suspensions of Saeed Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez and his own hamstring injury.


"Their (Ajmal and Hafeez) presence is key to performing well at the World Cup and I am hoping that their actions will be cleared in time for the event," Misbah said.


The 41-year old pointed out that injury problems to key players like himself, Umar Gul, Junaid Khan and some others were also not helping the buildup to the World Cup.


"As far as my fitness is concerned, I am taking it easy at the moment to allow the hamstring injury to heal properly," he said.


"But I am pretty confident I will be back on the field atleast three to four weeks before the World Cup to get into the proper mode. I am hopeful that I will be fully fit for the event and I'm raring to get back on the field much before the World Cup."


In Misbah's absence all-rounder Shahid Afridi led Pakistan in the last three One-day Internationals against New Zealand which won the series 3-2.


"The one-day series losses to Australia and New Zealand were setbacks ahead of the World Cup but they were also lot of positives from these matches. The batting of Sarfaraz Ahmed, Haris Sohail turning into a proper all-rounder and the form of some of our top-order batsmen," he said.


"We have to go into the World Cup with a proper and positive frame of mind because it is a high pressure event and they are lot of expectations from the people," Misbah said.


Misbah, who is now Pakistan’s most successful Test captain with 15 wins, after Imran Khan and Javed Miandad, said they were greats and would remain greats and there was no comparison with them.


"There is no comparison with such great people like Imran and Miandad. They were better than me in every sense and always will be. I'm simply happy to have done my bits for Pakistan. Winning gives you nice feeling and I'm satisfied to have contributed my share in those wins," he said.



Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press