Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Monday, September 29, 2014

Always Carried Lata Mangeshkar's Music With Me: Sachin Tendulkar




Sachin Tendulkar Usha Mangeshkar

Sachin Tendulkar with Lata Mangeshkar's sister Usha.


© PTI



Mumbai: Bharat Ratna Sachin Tendulkar said that songs sung by melody queen Lata Mangeshkar helped him control his emotions.


"Lata didi has played a huge role in my career. I started listening to her songs as a kid. Over the years, my mother used to sing her songs instead of a lullaby. It is she who has helped me control my emotions," said Tendulkar, who was at the Shanmukhananda Hall to felicitate Mangeshkar on her 85th birthday. She couldn't attend the function due to ill health. (Also Read: Sachin Donates Relief Materials for Flood-Affected People in J&K)


Tendulkar added: "When I used to play cricket abroad, I used to carry with me a collection of songs sung by Lata didi. When I used to bat well, I used to listen to her songs. Even on a bad day, her songs helped me calm down. She is unwell and couldn't come for the function. I wish her a speedy recovery." (Related: Sachin, Steve Waugh to be Inducted as Bradman Honourees)


"I pray to God to keep her happy and wish her good health for many years to come." Tendulkar said that he agreed to be at the felicitation as she considers him her son.



Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press