Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Monday, March 3, 2014

Smith to retire from international cricket


CAPE TOWN: Graeme Smith, the international game's longest-serving captain, announced on Monday he would retire from all international cricket after the current third Test against Australia at Newlands.

Graeme Smith profile


The 33-year-old has captained South Africa in 108 Test matches, including the current match.


He broke the news to his team-mates at the end of the third day's play on Monday.


"This has been the most difficult decision I have ever had to make in my life," said Smith.


"It's a decision that I have been considering since my ankle surgery in April last year.


"I have a young family to consider, and I felt that retiring at Newlands would be the best way to end it because I have called this place home since I was 18 years old."






Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press