Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cricket matters, not the price: Sehwag


JHAJHAR: Out-of-favour Virender Sehwag is not worried about the kind of price he will command from franchises on Wednesday.

Asked if he was tense ahead of the auction, Sehwag quipped, "You mean tense about how much money I will get? I have earned enough money and fame from the game to only think about financial aspects. I am not at all tense about the auction or the price at which I will be bought. For me, what is important is to play cricket and IPL gives me a chance to do so."


On whether he still enjoys the game, he said, "Of course. That's the reason I played a full season of Ranji Trophy. After playing international cricket for so many years, it is very, very difficult to come back and grind it out in the domestic arena if you don't have a love for the game."


Sehwag cited an example of how he played in the DY Patil T20 tournament to keep himself match fit.


"I went to Mumbai to play in the DY Patil T20 for a team. We lost in the quarterfinals or else I might have got to play an additional couple of matches (semifinal and final). Now why did I go there to play? Because I love the game."






Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press