Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Monday, February 10, 2014

Anderson excited about IPL 7 auction


AUCKLAND: In a little over 24 hours from now, Corey Anderson will probably become a millionaire; if he's really lucky, he might even become the richest New Zealand cricketer, or maybe even beyond.

Of course, cricket is a funny game, particularly notorious for its 'glorious uncertainties'; so until the gavel actually comes down, and the auctioneer screams 'sold', he will be sitting anxiously.


"Luckily enough, it's (the IPL auction back home in India) in between the Tests. So I will get to watch it," he told TOI, during an open media session. "There has been some talk between the boys to watch it over dinner and stuff but I don't wanna watch my own. I'd rather watch the others. But yes, it's really going to be exciting here," he said, with a glimmer in his eye.


Anderson, a virtually unknown name till the end of December, stormed into India's consciousness on January 1 with a mind-blowing 131 not out; on his way, he shattered the world record for the fastest One-day century. Coupled with his left-arm pace, and sharp fielding, he overnight became the hottest property in the game.


Anderson chose the perfect time to announce his much coveted all-round skills: a couple of weeks later, the Indian team arrived and he showcased himself even better by scoring runs at a rapid pace and picking up wickets as well, including a five-wicket haul in the tied game at Auckland.


"These are exciting times for me, and the team, for sure," he revealed.


He conceded that he couldn't ignore it (talk about IPL) anymore. "The way it keeps coming up, at some stage you are gonna yield to it. It's one of those things and I am excited about it.


"I haven't been in it before, haven't experienced it. I am looking forward to it. I don't know what it's all going to be about. When it happens I don't know what it's gonna feel like. I am glad to be a part of this at the moment though," he said.


The 23-year-old understood that it was his hitting power that has made the world sit up and notice him. "Yes, I wanna be that. I wanna be a dominant player, so if they bowl a bad ball they know that it will be hit."


As of now, Anderson doesn't have a team that he wants to be in. "I still don't know if I am going," he said, pointing out the fickleness of an auction. "If I go (get sold), I'd love to play. Obviously, some teams have picked up, retained some big players. So I don't have a team that I'd like to go to. I am just excited about the auction."


The all-rounder denied that it could be a distraction before the Test. "I am very focused on the red ball stuff. It's just one of those things that goes on in the background," he said.






Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press