Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Award news made Sachin speechless


NEW DELHI: The news that he has been awarded the country's highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna, took Sachin Tendulkar completely by surprise. The batting maestro, featured in Frankly Speaking with Arnab Goswami on Times Now, a day after he retired from cricket, recounted the entire thrilling experience for the viewers.

"We had just come back from the ground (on Saturday afternoon) and I hadn't had lunch because I didn't get time.


"So I was having my lunch when I got back to the hotel and I got a call from the PMO saying that the Prime Minister wanted to speak to me and that's when this wonderful surprise was conveyed to us. I remember telling Anjali there is something I want to tell you, stop eating. So we stopped eating and there are Gods in my room so I said let's go stand there and there's something I want to tell you and that's where I told her that we need to thank the almighty for something really special and that's how I told her."


When asked about Anjali's reaction, Sachin said, "She started jumping with joy. It is the ultimate thing and you're speechless when someone tells you that you are a Bharat Ratna now. I have played cricket for the last 24 years for the nation. Just wanting to give my best and not settle for second best. When all that hard work and various things that I have done for the last 24 years to be able to deliver on the field is being appreciated like this by the nation then you become speechless."


Was there a trigger, a moment or a performance which told him it was time to call it a day? "No," Sachin replied. "I don't think something like this happens overnight.


"There were aches and pains and I still continue fighting those and still hit the gym as often as I can. But there were moments where I felt it's not a bad idea to sit and the room and watch television and that's when I thought there was a question mark about whether I should continue longer or not because I have never felt like that. And when I felt that way I wanted my heart to take the decision and not my brain."


Was the final decision his own? "It was my own decision. But there are no decisions which are made in my family just by individuals.


We always sit together and understand what is the right solution. And I felt I should speak to my family members and understand whether my thinking is right. The family members said if you are feeling that way then we are with you," he said.


Sachin felt that the farewell given to him by his fans was something very spontaneous. "You can never pan something like this.


"This is what I experienced in Kolkata, Lahli and Mumbai. It was just unbelievable. These are those kind of scripts which are written by the almighty. We are incapable of writing such scripts. I didn't expect half of this. It was just unreal. I am so thankful to all the people of

India.


"This is going to stay with me for the rest of my life."






Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press