Announcement:

IPL 7 starts from 16th April, 2014 to 30th April, 2014 in UAE

Sunday, April 17, 2011

BCCI, SLC meet today over IPL 2011 row


Mahela Jayawardene said that his country's cricket board (SLC) and the BCCI are likely to meet on Monday for a "dialogue" over the return of the players taking part in the IPL midway in the Twenty20 league for a tour of England. Jayawardene said in the end the Sri Lankan players will have to abide by the decision of their board. "We are supposed to return to Sri Lanka by May 5. That is the direction we have been given. Dialogues are happening between the two boards. There is likely to be a meeting tomorrow," said Jayawardene. "Hopefully, I will get to stay longer. But, if I go there are quite good players to come in. I am sure they will put their hands up," he said.

After win, Gilchrist hits out at Chargers

Hyderabad: Kings XI Punjab and Adam Gilchrist has hit back at Deccan Chargers, his former franchise, for making "bad" comments about him ever since he left. "I had three wonderful years with Deccan Chargers and it was a particularly sweet victory today. Because I must admit that I had been a little bit disappointed with some comments I heard from one person within the franchise (Chargers)," he said. "It (comments) had been brought to my attention that someone had been saying a few things about me. I'm not going to elaborate on who or what it was. But everyone else in the franchise has been wonderful and it (comments) was disappointing to hear that," he added. Asked about Gilchrist's statements, Deccan Chargers coach Darren Lehmann said he was not aware of the issue.

Share it Please

Shweta Pandey

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ 2013 IPL 2018. Designed by Templateism | Love for The Globe Press